View Single Post
      12-04-2012, 05:25 AM   #1
dex37
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Track seats really worth it?

Hi guys,

I would like to hear your oppinion about sport/race seats. I am still novice into tracking. This year I just went to a a few drift and safety trainings and once to the Nürburgring. Next year I plan to do that more often. I am fan of meaningful modifications and I would like to develop my skills and "grow" with the car and then eventually change the parts which prevent me from learning or going faster.

So I will start with break pads, will remove the pins, so I can get more camber at the front and get another set of 18'' wheels for the track.

I am 6'2'' and I don't really like the seating position. This is actually what I hate most about the car. I almost touch the headliner even with the seat at the lowest position. Apperantly it will be quite dificult to sit inside the car with helmet. So I was wondering if a set of Pole Position are a really worth it, or maybe even one seat wrapped in the same leather as the rest of the interior. I have a E92 and I found mounting brackets which can slide and even tilt forward, so the rear seats remain accessible.

Are the seats going to give me a better feel for the car and what is happening? Are those seats suitable for a daily driver?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0