View Single Post
      05-26-2009, 08:22 PM   #279
gogoevo
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 Porsche 997.2 TTS

Thank you for the suggestions. I haven't had a chance to really push the car so I can't comment on how it feels just yet, but it sounds phenomenal! This weekend I hope to get some videos posted and some further thoughts on the system. I will also be going back to the dyno for a few more pulls.

Now that you mention the straps and their tension, I recall that he never unhooked the straps from the stock pull. He simply pulled the car forward on the lift, installed the system, then placed the car back on the dyno tightening the straps as he backed up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPIpower View Post
your computer does not need to learn. All it takes is a few hard pulls on the dyno. On a dynojet, if the straps are not tied down with the same tension, the hp/tq will change. For example, if they tied it down tighter after the exhaust was installed, the gains would be different. Also, on the dynojet, they hit the green button to start sampling or datalogging the acceleration of the dyno drum. How the runs are sampled will vary the graph outcome. That is one of the reasons why we do TONS of runs to develope consistent numbers before we compare them. How does the car feel? It it was only 9wtq, you wouldnt feel that much of a difference.
Appreciate 0