View Single Post
      05-11-2010, 01:33 PM   #21
H Bomb
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 08 M3

i am still in break in for it so i haven't be able to get on it yet to hard more of rolling out then going kinda of thing. i wouldn't say 1st is useless but you will use it alot less now. alot of times you can just roll out in 2nd or shift right away to 2nd

i can def feel it pull harder and faster through 2-5k where the car needs it in my op and with my midpipe it is now awesome. once i am able to really tromp on it i can give you a better idea but i can feel it already and that is with taking it easy

i don't think it will be breaking traction real bad. nothing like my Dinan S2 M5 did off the line and down low, that thing i would have to skip first bc it would break so bad. this car doesn't have that low end tq to do that in my op

will keep you posted

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFish View Post
Hi H Bomb and Studntloan (or anyone that has actually done this). I am really interested to hear your real life experience on this.

1) 1st gear I hear from others in this thread I think that 1st is now unusable due to traction or too short.... what is the real life experience when you tromp it off the line, or pull away hard.
2) from 2k to 5k can you describe the feel difference compared to stock please - I think this is where the diff really comes in. Once the thing explodes past 5-6k, you don't need the torque.
3) are you breaking traction a lot more now and can't get the torque down to the road - this would be a major issue for me.

Thanks

PS: Is there anyone in the Toronto, Ontario area that has this done? I would love to go for a ride before I do it.
Appreciate 0