View Single Post
      11-08-2009, 01:43 PM   #297
oneginee
Banned
Rep
Drives: GT3 RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapezzul View Post
Like I said in earlier posts- this event was put on by GM to have GM come out on top. You could not be an employee or endorser of the brand of car you were driving (except GM), you had to be titled owner of the car, the car must never been competed in a race event or modified in anyway. Also, the media could not cover it except for brief comments about the CTS-V all communication must be done through GM (No Thanks as I have an opinion and if I am participating in something I better be able to express it).

Lots of propaganda (successful), just goes to show how great the CTS-V is and how GM went bankrupt to build it. The development costs can never be recouped at the sale price of the vehicle so it was artificially subsidized by other (sub compact) model price inflations- something BMW refuses to do.

The CTS-V is a great product in terms of performance, there is no mistaking that and even pro-driver vs. pro-driver on the same track the CTS-V comes out on top as was evidence by last years race of ///M5 vs. CTS-V. No offense to Bill but he is not the one who should have driven the ///M5 last year as he has limited experience in it and it might have been closer with someone else behind the wheel.

Personally I was more impressed with how the ///M3 did when you compare the actually hp/weight ratio. Give the thing a 200 lbs. diet and the times would be closer.

-M
Come on, humble down on the m5. After I viewed the video below I think I would not ever want to see m5 and racing in the same sentence ever. The m5 is nothing more than a fat luxury sport sedans who looks like a morbidly obese american scrambling to get his last twinky before his heart packs in. And yes that applies to all luxury sport sedans (including mine). So when talking about racing with these cars keep in mind this is can not be any serious just for fun. For real RACING you have to look at F1.

Appreciate 0