Rep
Drives: 11 E90 M3 LeMansBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOOF-M3 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Properstyle View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnVe46 View Post
Man one a trip! Made it down to Florida, left the day the M was finished by my shop in Charlotte. DCT pans/seals replaced and all is well there. On the trip down I got an SES with Increased Emissions warning on iDrive. Ran codes and it was for O2 sensors. Kept rolling out with no issues but crappy mpgs. Was a comfortable ride down though. Found a highly rated Indy shop here in Fort Lauderdale where it's been since Tuesday. The right front headlight was intermittent as well. The battery was from 2010 and well passed the life span and they suggested to replace that. The O2 plugs were swapped sides so that was causing my SES. Easy fix. The headlight they couldn't get to go out to diagnose it. I have a few other codes for low voltage which the shop thinks everything is related to the battery code and need for replacement. I'll go pick it up today and hope that's the case. I'm loving the car and knew it'd need to be brought back to life but this is getting old ???

We finally found our apartment yesterday so it's nice getting settled. Once I have the car back I'll feel more complete and ready to carry on with life! I'm sure some of you all have been there. Having the car coated was a life saver in getting it cleaned as well. A little presoak of the no Rinse and bugs came right off. Saturday night we stopped at a hotel and got sprinkler water all over the car which worried the hell outta me! Thankfully it all came out great after a solid day of rain followed to immediate wash. I hope to find time this weekend to clean it again with Ironx and too the coating with reload to get it near perfect again. Thankfully I'll be in a covered parking garage both at home and at work. That's it for now! Hopefully!
glad you made it down. A really good indy shop in davie/Lauderdale is meister motoring. Let me know when you are free we can meet up for lunch or something. Or if you need any physical help with the car let me know I have full garage and just about any tool you will need.
Over on the other coast of Florida, would love to hook up with you guys next time I'm over there. Way to go Proper, nice offer on helping out a forum member. ENV don't forget to update your location now that you are in Florida. It's definitely hit or miss with these cars. I have had zero issues with either of my high mileage M3's with a total of 20,000 miles driven between them by me. But I do expect that my luck will run out eventually and the $1,000 repair items will start hitting. I wouldn't have it any other way.
No doubt! I stole this I feel at 30k given it's options and color scheme. So I knew going in it'd take a few grand to get to my liking. It's easier when everything is done at once instead of over 1.5-2months, one after another. But I'm hoping with these services it'll be golden from here. My parents live in Cape Coral so I'll be over there often.