View Single Post
      11-27-2016, 10:34 PM   #64
Amirsm3
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2011 Space Grey e90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manda Marza View Post
Thanks for the info on the fluids! And what would be the purpose of thermal wrap on the S pipes? Is it to protect the exhaust from the differential? I would imagine the exhaust gets hotter than the differential? I may be confused on this..

And that's what I'm leaning towards. I saw Mode Carbon had an 'Endurance' series that I'm pretty interested in!

Haha it did! And you sold your car?? Any sports car in the garage anymore?

It wasn't so much for the cost of brake fluid it was more the procedure of flushing the brake fluid. From what I heard completely flushing the brake fluid is pretty hard and wanted to avoid it. If I do flush all the lines then I have decided for sure to get the SRF fluid! I really like the idea of not having to bleed fluid, especially since I don't do the work myself and have to keep asking for favors..

Good point on the eye protection! I never thought about that, but I will do it if I use professional grade coatings again.
I have my eyes on an STI. I can sell my Toyota Avalon daily, finance the STI for 1.9% right now with no money down and "keep" the cash in my pocket until the real estate broker needs my share of the down payment for this property. All in all, I may have a car payment, but this deal puts me in a good investment while still having a fun car - don't get me wrong, it's not my E90, but it's smarter for the time being.

BMWCCA:518970
Appreciate 0