View Single Post
      11-27-2016, 08:15 PM   #62
Amirsm3
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2011 Space Grey e90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by admranger View Post
Brake fluid: If you're just putting front calipers in, you'll only need a little fluid to top off the system as you bleed the air out. If you're doing the brake lines and calipers all around at the same time, then you'll need a liter.

SRF: comes in liter bottles, not 500ml bottles so factor that into your expense calculations. Plus, it's just magic compared to other fluid when you track your car. There's a reason it's been used by oodles of Porsche racers/track guys (and BMW guys too). I was a doubter and then put it in my car (after only 20 years with the other stuff, including Motul, etc., etc.). I drove to COTA in June and instructed for three days in torrid temps (including some 30 minute sessions), drove home with brake pad swaps in between street and track driving. Then I commuted with it for a bit, then drove to Laguna and instructed there for 3 more days. I never bled the fluid once. Still have the SRF in the car untouched. With RBF600 I'd have bled the brakes 2 times minimum.

One nice thing with SRF is that if you ever do boil it, it recovers very quickly, something that just doesn't happen with RBF600. One less thing to worry about or have to deal with at the track.

Not to put too fine a point on it, but you've got how much in wheels and brake calipers/rotors so $70/liter brake fluid should be a non-issue. It's worth it for the low hassle factor alone.

Love the detailing work, though I'd wear eye protection as well as respiratory protection when working with the ceramic coatings. You'll need those eyes to help all the animals you'll see during/after vet school.
Definitely have to emphasize the last part of this post. The smells are pretty..... epic. I can't imagine what long term exposure would do to your lungs lol.

BMWCCA:518970
Appreciate 0