View Single Post
      11-27-2016, 12:28 PM   #56
Amirsm3
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2011 Space Grey e90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manda Marza View Post
I'm looking at some extended paddles right now, and pedals were that important? Mine do look really cheap. Even compared to my Tiguan...
I know it is pricey for the center console, but it makes the car feel a bit more exotic. I also wish I had some alcantara, like an alcantara steering wheel..

So back when I applied Opti Coat 2.0, I really didn't know what I was doing. I did not get all the swirls out, and I felt like 2.0 was not that scratch resistant. Also, 2.0 would not hold any topper at all (at least the new ones don't need it but its still an option). And I also completely removed the 2.0 with CG White Light which was VERY stupid (Black Light and White Light are the worst products ever, I can't believe I accidentally removed a great performer - besides scratch resistance - for White Light, still kick myself for doing that and blaming Opti Coat for sucking so bad).
Now with Cquatz, I was able to get full correction, Essence gave way better gloss than Opti Coat 2.0 did, and Cquartz (TiO2 version) does seem to be more scratch resistant than 2.0. It also appears to be holding toppers. I also STRONGLY oppose the idea that it is bad to top a coating. I put Adams Americana wax on a panel by itself, then topped a panel coated with Opti Gloss with the same wax, and got WAY better water sheeting performance from the panel that had a coating as a base hours after application on both panels. Whereas everyone always says you will only get the performance of the top layer which is worse than the coating. Not sure how it works but that was my confirmed observation.
Ah, I gotcha. Yeah, I usually sprayed the car down (I sold her last week ) with spray wax after a wash. From what I saw with the car before I sold her, the coating was still in full effect even after a year of daily driving. My assumption is the spray wax layer that gets worn before the opticoat.

Just my .02, but I'm glad you found a better solution!

Also, your mod bug bit hard lmfao.

BMWCCA:518970
Appreciate 1