11-22-2016, 01:31 AM   #45
Rat3d ///M
997.1TT
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Porsche 911 Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manda Marza View Post
I also got an email back regarding the status of my big brake kit! Instead of sending a generic 'still being made it will ship next week' type message they responded back with pics of my specific set being made that day, which I thought made for some pretty good customer service.

Here is a rendered image of my brake caliper design. Note that that is not the color I'm getting. I decided on a anodized bronze / copper color, kind of similar to the GTR's brakes but a bit more muted.

I really hope these are not going to be crazy hard to install.

Also,
I am wondering if I have to flush all of the brake fluid. I literally JUST had my brake fluid changed by BMW. Could I instead just top off more brake fluid or do I have to drain the entire system and replace? Ideally I would like to replace it by that really expensive Castrol brake fluid someone recommended me, but I have heard entirely draining a system is a lot of work..
The hardest part about installing a bbk is changing out the mid lines. Though it's a pain in the ass I highly recommend it. Also regarding brake fluid you can get away with topping the system off and bleeding if you are careful about fluid loss when installing but I recommend changing to some Motul RBF600 (what I used). It's easier to change the fluid while you are bleeding the brakes anyways and if you want to track or get the most out of your new setup the OEM fluid won't cut it.
Appreciate 0