View Single Post
      03-09-2018, 02:53 PM   #2617
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seraphim38 View Post
yes, it is quite common for individuals who purchase a suppressor to buy one for 5.56x45/.223/.22, and one for use with 9mm and 300 Blackout rifles. Then they would use the relevant suppressor for which ever caliber they want. Typically the barrel threading is universal among those 2 sizes. (I didn't mention 45ACP, but that would be another common option). I have friends who have both sizes. I have only shot with a suppressor for 9mm/300BLK

However, it is worth noting that the blowback / bolt movement of 9mm pistols create a need for an adapter to be used on some suppressors. In other words, if you buy a Suppressor for a rifle and then thread it on a pistol, it may not be as 'durable'. There are other variables/configurations that need to be considered when one is going to make such a purchase.

Given that it takes a year to get through the US government's application process, and Suppressors are generally not cheap devices, if a person is going to purchase one, you want it to fit your application properly and ensure that it will endure in the use you desire for it.

Suppressors aren't terribly common because the application process is so long.
Good to know, thanks for helping me understand!

As I mentioned, it is much simpler in Canada re: suppressors. Note that I'm not saying "better", just....simpler. Process here regarding purchasing a suppressor goes a little like this:

Law abiding Citizen X: "Mr. Government of Canada, may I please purchase a suppressor for my legally registered firearm?"

Government of Canada:
Attached Images

Appreciate 1