View Single Post
      11-02-2014, 08:08 PM   #11
BatDad
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3 AW DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarThaL View Post
Mine currently has no vibraton, however a slight vibration, usually around 75mph can develop.

To avoid vibrations, it is critical that you tighten bolts properly.

1. Go around the "circle" tightening every other bolt. Tighten each one only partially as you go around with the wheel off the ground.

2. Lower the wheel to the ground for final tightening, but do not put the full weight of the car on the wheel. Use just enough weight to keep the wheel from spinning (front) during the final tightening. The rear wheel can be fully tightened completely in the air so that it is totally unweighted.

3. Use a torque wrench and tighten down to 90 lb-ft. Again, do this in an alternating bolt pattern until all bolts are tightened.

This method will seat the wheel/spacer/hub as properly as possible to minimize vibration risk. Over time, you may still develop a mild vibration. Usually it is really insignificant and very easy to live with. Or you can loosen and re-tighten.
Thank you for the great info for installing them, I'll be sure to let the shop know this in a polite way. It's going in tomorrow morning and will probably be there a week.

The car was a track car at the performance center before I bought it and has some pretty bad chips on the hood, been wanting to get that repainted for a while now. Going to come out looking like a new beast!
Appreciate 0