View Single Post
      09-23-2018, 08:08 PM   #34
Money2536
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '13 E92 M3 | 992 GT3 Touring

Here is the long-winded answer (just what you guys seem to like...).

I wish I was clever enough to tease the idea of getting a car that I already had locked down, but that's not how this went. I was toying with the idea of selling my Raptor for another E92. I shared these thoughts publicly. It's fascinating that no matter how transparent I am, people always think there is some secret agenda.

There isn't any current car outside of an E63S that I was considering. Buying one for $130,000 and selling it a few years later for 50% of that doesn't seem like a smart move. Since I quit my job to make YouTube videos, I need be a little more conservative.

My old M3 was Le Mans Blue, Comp Package, Manual Seats, No Nav, No PDC, Leather Seats car. The main reason I did that back in 2010 when I ordered the car was to keep the cost down. Now it seems to be the car most of us would want. I threw it out there in video and on the OG Facebook group that I was looking for a car as close to my original one as possible.

That lead to quite a few rather obsessed people searching for the car at the same time as me. The one I bought showed up on True Car. I called on hour or two after the dealer posted it. The car has a euro front bumper and had paint work done. I almost dismissed it. Supposedly it was backed into in a parking lot, so it has an accident reported in it's history.

My friend Mike flew to LA from SF the next morning to vet the car. He is just as particular as me, and it was more than acceptable. I bought it that morning less than 24 hours after they listed it. I was looking at 5,000 mile $70,000ish cars, but I think this is smarter move. I intend to drive this thing. It's a 2013, 32,000 Miles, $43,000.

Here is the spec. I don't like that it has PDC, but it appears the front bumper has been coded out.

I posted a photo on Instagram that I found the car and bought it. Then the emails started for the Raptor. I posted a photo and price and sold the Raptor for $65,000 in about an hour.

So that's the story. Now the wait for the E92 begins. I overnighted the paperwork back yesterday and scheduled Reliable Carriers to ship it across the country. 1-6 week estimate... I guess you have to wait for the best.

I'll probably do exhaust first. Macht Schnell catless mid-pipe and Eisenmann Black Sport w/ BPM Sport Tune. I'm going to force myself to take it one thing at a time and try to enjoy the process.
Appreciate 15
shimmy232348.50
Hagasan41266.00
Montaver2170.00
L4ces337.00
Not Sure212.50
OwnAge186.50
Jonzny92.50
94jedi829.00
NoHedge67.50
elvism287.00
tdott3941.00