View Single Post
      09-19-2020, 09:21 PM   #234
SYT_Shadow
///M Powered for Life
Rep
Drives: E90M/E92M/M4GTS/M4GT4/X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by 911r View Post
Keep me in the loop! Have you reached out to Alex @ Alpine at all? Off the top of my head he's the only reputable tuner that would seem willing enough to develop a more niche tune.
I haven't. I'm not sure Alex has a lot of time on his hands to be screwing around with this stuff.

RK did a good job with the stroker tune and the 292s, even with a CEL for trashed primary O2 sensors I got 465whp std on plain old 93 on a dynojet.
If I had a 4.0 with 292 cams I'd take it to RK to help develop a file but I have enough entertainment in my life between the stroker track car and the F80 CS track car.

I also tried a remote tune with Epic which was an incredibly frustrating waste of time. ESS was willing to try as well but I'm so far from either of them. They're both capable but are they willing to put in the work? Because the work isn't one morning of dyno runs.

I suspect the tuners in general will just sit around for another 5 years until one person puts in the work, then all of a sudden they will all be 'inspired' by that software and come out with 'versions' of the same file.

Today 292 cams/headers/Karbonius seems very niche, but give it time and it won't be. There is plenty of money running around the world and plenty of people who have money but still choose to run a S65 because of how wonderful it is, the last NA engine BMW will ever build. In the E46 cams 'were for idiots' until they weren't, and now people with CSL/Karbonius airboxes, cams and headers have a ton of power

It is really frustrating that a smart group of random people built the MSSFlasher for the S65 and fully decrypted the ECU yet no tuner is taking advantage of this.
Appreciate 2
911r891.00
L4ces337.00