View Single Post
      10-07-2020, 01:07 PM   #3
dparm
Stop the hate, get a V8
United_States
Rep
Drives: C7 Corvette GS, AMG C63 S

Welcome!

If the tires are in good shape, I see no need to replace. The PS4S is a tad grippier than a PSS so you might have a little bit of understeer. Save your money. As a novice driver, the money is better spent on track time to get comfortable with the car. Burn those tires up and then replace with the same front and rear. :-)

Similarly, I wouldn't worry much about suspension right now. Just focus on getting track time. No point investing in suspension parts that you may not even be able to take full advantage of. I would spend that money on getting an alignment to help preserve tires a bit and get some easy handling improvements.

Stock pads are going to be iffy, in my opinion. One thing you don't want to be worried about is brake fade, especially as a novice who isn't totally familiar with things. If you can't get the PFC08s in time, there's plenty of other good choices like a Hawk DTC-60.

So yes, the theme here is avoid mods right now and put the money towards seat time. Keep us posted how your track day goes.