06-22-2021, 11:06 PM   #18281
roastbeef
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftfootbr8king View Post
Is there clear reason for aeromotions over victor racing's active aero?
couple things i already dislike about the victor racing wing. not much "about" info to read on their website. this sort of leads me to read between the lines- no info on where the wing/components are made (probably china). i couldn't find any test data or construction info.
aeromotions founder went to MIT and has tested their airfoil in a wind tunnel. i also found a video of a dude standing on one. the aeromotions unit is able to hold 900lbs.

i screenshotted the pic below from a video on the vicor unit. its gigantic. the aeromotions wing weighs under 10lbs., and the actuators are contained within the uprights. the computer is a little bigger than a wallet.

another thing i noticed was the wing mounting points aeromotions pivots on the front mounting point and it is significantly forward of the rear "rams" that actuate the movement in the wing. video of the victor wing appears to show the mounting points are close together. the stability and rigidity of the wing appears to be effected by this. the victor wing seems to move around and vibrate pretty good. i suspect the closer mounting points are used to give the actuators a mechanical advantage for a quicker response and create a quicker movement.

the aeromotions unit is also made in the usa.
Attached Images

Last edited by roastbeef; 06-23-2021 at 12:04 AM..
Appreciate 0