Garage List
2008 m3  [6.63]
Quote:
Originally Posted by roastbeef View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dparm View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by roastbeef View Post
I'm not opposed to it, this is just my knee jerk reaction when I see pictures of data on here. I'm also not very tolerant of things like the battery problems several people describe. I'm not opposed to giving it a try.

That's because people are over-eager to have big complex worksheets...it certainly looks cool on screen. You need to have a simple setup for reviewing at the track. Mine is only: speed, accelerator, brake, Gsum, and time differential. Otherwise, you are correct -- you'll get lost in having 500 changing variables and never develop an "actionable" approach to your next session.

If I want to get into the weeds to squeeze out every tenth, I do that at home later on and start checking things like steering position, tire temps, cumulative G, best sectors, whatever.

Have you ever considered some coaching to help you configure this stuff and learn the fundamentals?
Coaching is something I plan on getting more serious with. I'd definitely want help interpreting data.
You can get crazy complicated, but often times a coach is going to charge you to set up your data how they want to look at it.

You can have some really neat views into data that's as actionable and digestible as the Catalyst (I have both). I followed Rami's lead and bought a data view package from Ray Philips. Still working through all the profiles and channels as I recorded our 2 hour zoom walk through so I can digest it at my own pace.

Easy and actionable measures, cumulative G's, % at WOT throttle, and looking and your ability to set the car at turn entry to carry G's from braking into the turn but unlike a friction circle as a measure or time during the lap.