View Single Post
      08-21-2019, 04:40 AM   #15
gavsadler
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3

I arranged with my brother-in-law to get the tyres swapped over for me. This went smoothly, and the new rims do not have any cracks or buckles. That's great news for me, meaning I don't have to do anything to them right now. There is some curb rash and some scratches on the rims here and there, but nothing too bad that can't wait for a bit. Most likely when these tyres are KO, I'll get the wheels refurbished before fitting new tyres.

So the M was pulled into my backyard service bay, as there were a few things to attend to.

Here's some pics when we jacked it up to put it on trestles. Notice how stiff the car is. Jacking up at either the front or the back lifts the whole side of the car:

And then after swapping over the tyres (and doing some other maintenance items), the new wheels went on, and here's some sneak pics of the final product (still dusty and bad lighting):

I am very pleased with the outcome! Seeing it done and dusted makes the stress and worry worth it.

Time to geek out again with some specs on the wheels:

359 Reps:

Front = 8.5J x19 et34
Rear = 9.5J x19 et37

359 OEM:

Front = 9J x 19 et31
Rear = 10J x 19 et25

So in summary, the OEM wheels are wider than the reps, and have a lower offset = more concave = more yum yum. While we were joking around, we were debating whether its more like a J Lo rear end, or a Mariah Carey, but I guess that comes down to personal preference (I'm in the J Lo corner lol)

More updates coming soon, just need to sort through some more pics...
Appreciate 1