View Single Post
      06-23-2019, 09:46 PM   #255
derbo
Derbo Tuning
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACarGuy View Post
Got my kremersino unit installed today. Pretty straightforward install and all works as it should. iPhone X connects to carplay wirelessly or via USB cable, and all the functions work. Had to get a bit creative routing the aux cable and USB port into the armrest as I have the old mobile phone cradle thingy and couldn't figure out how to remove it, but I ended up drilling a small slot out. Haven't spent a lot of time playing with it yet, but it does switch back and forth from iDrive to CP pretty seamlessly, though you have to remember to make sure audio is set to AUX before going back to Carplay otherwise no sound. When in Carplay mode, the voice command button on the steering wheel activates Siri and the phone button redials last number dialed. And, as others have mentioned, you can advance the tracks using the up and down buttons on the steering wheel. I did notice that if you're back in iDrive TEL mode, the phone still functions in bluetooth mode as it normally would, so you're basically able to use your phone in either mode. Also as someone mentioned, you have to rotate the idrive wheel to scroll through CarPlay icons and selections - you can't bump the idrive left and right or up and down. A bit annoying, but not too bad. You get used to it.

For routing the additional mic, I used this video to help:

Ended up being fairly easy to pop out the overhead lighting console and stuff the mic into the open hole opposite the factory BT mic.
Thanks for the update!!

Where did you hide that module?
Track Chat Discord: https://discord.gg/VsKbTyqBVj
SF Bay Area: DM For coding services
Appreciate 0