06-20-2019, 05:55 PM   #757
Mvy
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E93 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmtman View Post
Mvy - thanks for the videos of your Harrop with the top down! In one of those you got up to 100 mph pretty easily and quickly.

The whine is very noticeable. At low engine speed it is louder than the engine. As you step on it you can hear the engine over the charger.

I think you did a simple mod to cover the extra air vent in the hood on the passenger side to reduce the noise right? Even with that the whine is very distinct.
I went back to my factory airbox and it reduced the noise quite a bit. The plug helps, but in the summer I need all the cooling help I can get in Atlanta so I remove it. In the winter I tend to keep it plugged. I had an afe stage 2 airbox that made it much louder as it was all metal. Its very easy to go way to fast in a very short time.

For my taste, I prefer the factory airbox to keep the noise level more manageable for a man of my age ;-). Im not 20 anymore so it did eventually get to be too much with the AFE.

Harrop Supercharger, BPM Tune, K/W Coil over kit, Stoptek BBK, Magnaflow exhaust, ear to ear grin everytime I drive...
Appreciate 0