05-04-2014, 07:37 PM   #7
cap1
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: MR E92 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LRM3 View Post
A lot of enjoyable places to go... not sure where you are staying but note the following:

Cliff Walk- free... and a great view and walk along the cliffs overlooking the water behind the mansions

The Breakers: the most historic megapalace mansion ever !

Red Parrot Restaurant in town: touristy but a huge menu and if taking the lil one, you will love it. Great food and drink. Nice place.

Gas Lampe Grill: somewhat simple eats but in the downtown area too and fair priced. Decent bar.

The Atlantic Beach Club and Pavilion at the beach: has outdoor music, drinks, and "beach food" with tables and....

The Pier Restaurant: Great lobstah rolls!

probably cannot go wrong really... plus all the typical places too... Starbucks, DD, 7-11 etc.

For your daughter: Cupcake Charlies.... more sweets and cupcakes than I have ever seen!
I found a great place to stay using AirBnB, the owner of the place said it's a great location 10-15 min walk to most places. I'll have the M with me so driving to places isn't going to be an issue. One of the days we're going to drive to Boston to visit an uncle and go fishing with him on his boat. The other days in Newport will probably start at the beach (daughter has been asking us if she can go to the beach tomorrow for about 2 weeks now).

Thanks for the suggestions! I appreciate it.
Appreciate 0