View Single Post
      08-02-2018, 10:14 AM   #30
Maestro
Major
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Sedan, 2021 X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by knowthebattle View Post
Well the 1st amendment in this discussion is in relation to what information are you allowed to put out. I think I got that....

As I'm pro-gun, or I don't really care honestly. Don't own any. However...I think if you want to have one, well according to the 2nd amendment, you have that right regardless of who you are.

With this said, I'm a bit more interested to see the opposite side of the discussion on this. Like why are you so against it?

I think people could be barking up the wrong tree just to get attention.....but thats just me.
I am not on the other side, but have talk to enough people on the other side. Most people I talk to are scare of gun they do not like the fact you can simple kill someone by pointing a gun and pulling a trigger. After you get pass all of they other crap they through around what is wrong with guns this is the number one reason why no one should have guns. It is an evil device which they see as having no purpose on the face of the earth. What you find with most people who do not like guns, they never owned or used one, if they did they had bad experience or they know someone who was killed by a gun. Most all their hate is rooted in this and you have respect their fear of the unknown or bad outcome.

Then there are the people who believe if they see no need for something then you should also see it that way as well. These are the people who do no like cars, and other worldly convenience. These are the people who look at the world from their point of view and that is all that matters. Once I realize this where a person is coming from my standard response to them is once they are naked in the woods living off the land we can have a conversation. Sometimes I ask them if they would go on the show Naked and Afraid. the usual answer is no.

With that said, the few who I convinced to fire a gun who were afraid of guns I took them to a gun range, after shooting a gun most were very excited about it. One person was GF I had in high school, she was so anti-gun and anti-hunting so I convinced her to go hunting with me, at the time it was rabbit and bird hunting so we were mostly walking a field. I let her shoot the shotgun, I stood behind her so the 12 ga did not knock her on her ass. After shooting it a few time she wanted to go shooting all the time. She never got over her hate of hunting.

The interesting part of the GF, not that this should matter but I relate this to her half Puerto Rican Latin up bring, she use to say if you're going kill someone you have to do it up and personal with a knife. That scare me more than someone having a gun, she had temper about her and I could see her sticking you if you pissed her off enough.
Appreciate 0