United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 M3 DCT ZCP

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Fox View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by PACarGuy View Post
Have you taken a thickness measurement on the front rotors to see if they're still above minimum spec? If you're within a couple of tenths of the min thickness, it's probably worth putting on a new set for the peace of mind. You can also get a runout gauge and check the runout if you're experiencing any vibrations.
Thanks for the response. No vibrations they just look a little tired. Any idea what the minimum thickness runs?
Yup, 28.4mm for fronts and 22.4mm for the rears. If I recall, it's also stamped on the rotor hubs.

Before a track day two years ago, I was at about 28.6-28.7 on my fronts and I went ahead and swapped them for new Zimmerman rotors. It was worth it as I was able to beat on them for a full day and they had a lot of meat left after. Fluid got a little tired by the end of the day and pedal got a bit softer, but the rotors and pads held up nicely.