View Single Post
      09-09-2016, 09:27 PM   #15
Seattle996
Private
Rep
Drives: F10 M5 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biirdman50 View Post
I've had both 6 speed b8 apr stage 2+s4 and now a 6 speed e90 m3 with tps pulley intake. The M feels like it was quicker due to the rwd and more power up top on the rpms. It also felt lighter then the S4. Daily driving the S4 was quicker off of the line but gradually lost steam 70mph+. I think with my Current M3 and previous stage 2+ S4 both 6 speed it comes down to the driver. 3rd gear 70mph+ on both vehicles pretty certain E90 wins. A 1/4 or light to to light from 0mph race the S4 will win because of the torque advantage and awd launch. Overall pretty even power wise but the M3 experience is so much better (high end rpms, feels lighter, rwd). Also I get compliments all the time from everybody - all ages. The S4 looks like basically an A4 with a bigger engine.
I agree with you. The S4 is great and does everything you ask of it. It's really a wonderful car to own with plenty of power on a ECU tune. I personally enjoy the styling of the S4.. especially with a honeycomb grill and lowered stance. I have a DSG (1st time having a car that's not a manual) and the shift are simply amazing. BUT with that said, the driver involvement and satisfaction is not that of an M car. If I had a manual, maybe I wouldn't be tempted. But even so, the M is a different type of driving experience that connects you to the rode better than the main competitors of Audi and Mercedes.
Appreciate 0