Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Yes

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
Quote:
Originally Posted by HebbNH View Post
I wouldn't know about the navi on my '08 vs '09 and newer because my car doesn't have navi. Don't see the point in paying extra for in-car navigation when my phone can do the same thing for free. Maintenance costs...sure. But if you can afford to drop $90K on a car, then you shouldn't have an issue covering said costs. If it's a problem, then you really had no business getting that car in the first place IMO. The only thing I really take issue with is him saying an older car is basically undriveable because it's outdated. I just find it to be a ridiculous statement that completely misses the point of why anyone would want to own a Lambo in the first place, and I'd imagine any true enthusiast would feel the same way. I also have a '97 Supra turbo, and if it had more cargo space, I would happily daily drive that and sell my 135 without thinking twice about it.
I think what he meant was that it's in that strange void of not being new and reliable (as new cars tend to be), nor being old enough to be collectible. It's at that stage when you'll be the the guy with all of his fingers in the dam of reliability. Your Supra is a different story as those cars are largely bulletproof and easy to maintain - two things that a Gallardo is not. Realistically, the more prudent decision is likely what he originally suggested which was to buy a newer premo BMW with a warranty over the aging exotic.

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude Hemi | 2010 S4 Sold | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Sold

Last edited by KingOfJericho; 05-08-2013 at 04:09 PM..
Appreciate 0