07-28-2007, 12:50 PM   #84
Craigito
Captain
Rep
Drives: 16' F82 M4

Garage List
2020 BMW M4   [10.00]
Quote:

The only other thing I really don't care for is the overhang at both ends. Compare the E92 to the S5 in profile view, and there's WAY too much car in front of the wheels on the Audi, same problem at the ass end.
+1000...They may have chopped a lot of overhang off compared to other models, but there is still quite a lot of car in front. This is thing that the BMW E92 does so well. The extremely short overhangs look fantastic. Like the body was stretched around the wheels giving it that taught look. Looks like it's going fast when it's not even moving kinda thing.

I also agree about all the crap around the shifter. I know in my A4, the area around my shifter gets pretty banged up just with normal day to day use and abuse. I'm thinking all those buttons better be pretty tough. Also, I don't like drivercentric dash layouts. The E92 is simple and uncluttered. I own an Audi and I think the materials are pretty compariable to my car, which you could not say in previous 3 series models. I was very impressed when I had the car for my week during my Euro Delivery.

So to answer the OP, no, I wouldn't have considered it if availabe. Lack of turbo six, worse gas mileage, less sexy exterior, no maintenance program, shitty dealer/service network. I still think you get you're most performance/$ with the E92. Honestly, the engine alone would have been enough reason. The reason i've kept my A4 for so long is i've been able to tweak the engine for minor $$$ over the years to give me noticable increases in HP. I've got 250 hp in my A4. A 100 hp jump from stock HP for $1500. Proceed will be able to give me a nice bump in a few years (hopefully I can wait that long) once I get used to the HP on this car.

Current Ride 2016 M4 / Mineral Gray / DCT/ Full Black Leather / 19in Gunmetal / Executive /LED/Ohlinds RT/SSR DP-CP-Intake/AP Essex 9668/Bootmod STG 2/DINAN HE

Last edited by Craigito; 07-28-2007 at 10:06 PM..
Appreciate 0