View Single Post
      06-09-2011, 06:25 PM   #46
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

But then that outcome is arbitrary. You are essentially leaving your fate for someone else to decide. That's never a good idea in my book, but of course everyone has their own approach to life, and YMMV.

The fact is that the lack of anonymity on the part of the customer means that the system is ripe for abuse on the part of the dealership. True, if it were anonymous for the customer then abuse would be possible in the other direction. But so what? That's not my problem, nor any other consumer's problem to solve - that's BMW's issue. The fact is that the survey system is broken. Other possible ways of handling feedback have been discussed on the forums at length before. And of course this is a business process issue that has been solved many times before in many other contexts anyway. The fact that BMW NA employs the system they do, and in the specific way they do, knowing all of the headaches it causes their customers clearly says that they aren't interested in something functional. They are merely interested in something that gives the appearance of being functional to customers who are already happy with their service anyway, but yet does little to benefit those who are not.

Since the survey is a voluntary, the sensible thing to do if you have issues is not answer it. Instead take your complaint straight to the dealership via the manager or owner or other direct approach. Answering the survey with negative remarks can't really help your cause at all. All it does it give the dealership a reason to treat you hostily. After all, it is beyond clear that many dealerships or dealership employees consider any mark on the survery other than "perfect" a hostile act on the part of the consumer. So why tip your hand? If I walked through life giving away the upper hand on a daily basis like that, I would not be sitting where I am today, that's certain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by llis View Post
OR... it gives the dealer the opportunity to make right. I had that experience after an unsatisfactory experience, and if anything the relationship ended up better afterwards.

The survey is not the problem. A dealer attacking a customer for being unsatisfied -- that's the problem.
Appreciate 0