bkfastwagon
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 e90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reed View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkfastwagon View Post
I hope most M car owners don't feel this way. Honda has a long history in racing and has produced some really good sports cars - NSX, S2000 and CTR. In fact base civics are really good cars for the price. Please don't knock cars based on the badge. It gives bmw drivers bad reps
Brand is one thing, model is another. I would NEVER give up my M for a civic. It could have 1 million HP and it just wouldn't happen. At the end of the day its still a civic. On the other hand I've owned an S2000 and it was a fantastic car. It's not the Honda badge everyone here is hating on, its fact that under all the ridiculous looking aero and good lap times its still a civic.
I respect your opinion but then one could say the same thing about m3's- that it's based on a 3 series. The fact is a lot of knowledge from racing went into creating Civic type R and I admire the passion and the blood/sweat/tears of the engineers who developed it. I don't like the styling of CTR but I can still appreciate other aspects of it. It's a proper driver's car, more so than many bmw's.
Appreciate 0