06-20-2018, 08:40 AM   #2188
byroncheung
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 m3, 997.2 c2s, x166 GL450

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueskies View Post
it's with great regret that i have to post this. Last Saturday, my S65 lost oil pressure and keeled over dead. RIP @65k miles. No warning. now looking at an expensive repair bill. i've just logged my complaint with BMW, don't expect any recourse, but had to log the complaint. get your Rod bearings replaced....
Sorry to hear... Care to share a bit more details? Usage (street / track, super charged?, oil change interval, black stone report etc?

I'm also curious has anyone been compiling all these failures into a spreadsheet? Wonder what is the distribution of the failure mileage is... what is the mean / median mileage, different percentile point etc? Will be useful to help people to decide when to change their RB based on how risk adverse he is. If no one has been doing that, might be useful to start a google sheet for that so we have the data in more summarizable format? I remember someone tried to look at the failure v.s. various thing such as oil change interval etc, someone must have compiled some spreadsheet at some point?
Appreciate 0