10-25-2018, 03:26 PM   #3
RedCardinal
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3 e93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagasan41 View Post
Thanks for posting! Looks straight forward except for the programming. My 2013 with only 9200 miles needs to have the EDC unit replaced. I just changed the battery and would like to avoid the hassle of a dead battery again. (Now that I know the cause of the parasitic drain). Ironically, the car recently started to exhibit the illuminated start stop button issue that’s associated with the “Battery Discharged”warning and the EDC malfunction message.

I may go the route of purchasing a new one from FCP Euro and take advantage of the lifetime warranty as EDC module is a known issue and I plan on keeping the car for some time. Maybe the dealer will be kind and give me a bit of a break.
Thanks. Yes this is totally basic.

Why buy an EDC module for $822.96 with a lifetime warranty, when you could buy one on ebay for anywhere from $70-$140 depending on what's available when you're looking? Is their failure rate that bad? You could buy 6 more and have cash for beer left over before hitting $822.96 (assume they'll ship that for free).

Last edited by RedCardinal; 10-25-2018 at 03:33 PM..
Appreciate 0