01-06-2008, 05:11 PM   #14
mhutchins14
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: MG 2017 340i, 6sp, MPPSK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rimola View Post
a complete jammer system runs about $2,000 to purchase, although illegal, they ACTUALLY interfere with the radar gun which causes to read wrong numbers. it is usually mounted to the front and rear of a vehicle, usually around the license plate and connected to the radar detector. it really works and you truely are invincible to radar guns. the people that actually sell it have a gurantee that if you do EVER receive a speeding ticket, they offer to pay for it...

i dont know how true that may be, but it really does work. either way though, very illegal
Thanks for the info. I have a Passport 8500 and while it is very good with three of the bands, it seems to offer very little warning with regards to laser. Maybe it's because laser is either on or off and the police don't drive around with it on. I got a ticket a couple of months ago and it was the laser that got me. I felt defenseless against it. I'm assuming that jammers work against laser too.

I'm not one of those guys who just plugs in his detector and thinks he is invinceable. I'm always very aware of my surroundings and am always looking for the bad guys. I just feel like laser has the upper hand right now...and obviously, I don't like it.
Appreciate 0