View Single Post
      11-18-2016, 12:50 PM   #129
The Father
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3

Worst part about this is I bought the car and it was lowered. I need it on stock springs for autox...

So I've been at the final corner for 3hrs. I had the same issue with the LCA. It does not just drop like other people's have. It took me 46min from car in the air/wheel off till I got the LCA able to move. Then had to use jack handle as pry bar again to lower the LCA while simultaneously pulling the spring.

Remember on the drivers side when it literally took me 7 seconds to align the bolt holes? Well.....I've been working on aligning the passenger side for 2hrs now...Unbelievable...And in 2hrs I've made ZERO progress!

The OP who used a wrench to help align? No friggin idea how that worked. There are very few ways to pry anything into position. I obviously tried what I did on the other side without success.

I'm quite positive removing the INSIDE cam bolt on the LCA while leaving the outside bushing bolt and shock bolt untouched is the way to go.

I'ma have some lunch, give it another hour and if I can't get it I'll take off the inside LCA bolt.....hope it can't get any worse.
Appreciate 0