View Single Post
      09-08-2007, 09:41 PM   #51
Garrett
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2004 330ci

Quote:
Originally Posted by cars4lyfe View Post
Garrett...I don't know what the new m3's like cause I haven't driven one, but let me say this about the P car-GET IT. You won't be disappointed...The steering, chassis, clutch/shifter, handling, brakes, sound is just incredible. It's a damn shame that Porsche doesn't put out a 400hp version. First of all I don't know wtf Porsche is thinking about by not letting the Cayman and the Boxster for that matter be what they really ought to be. First of all, they're two seaters while the 997's are four (two child seats in the back)...on that alone some people wouldn't buy the cayman imo.
Aye,

Thats why I might wait for the DFI version in MY2010. The Cayman is a remarkable car, perfect ergonomics, balance and looks. It just lacks a tad too much torque.

I don't like the way it's geared in 6th, because i plan on using it (or the M3) as a Grand Touring car. Weekend trips to tracks and venues for "meet & greets". As it stand now the Cayman S cruises at 80mph @ 3,500rpm's. That might get annoying after 3+ hours of driving. Specially when PAG refuses to but decent audio systems in their sportcars.

Porsche has purposely kept the Cayman down because they don't want it encrouching into their 911s territory. The 911 is Iconic and they don't want it's baby brother stepping on it's toes.... even though it can out handle it.

My guess is that when they move to DFI technology, they will put more efficiency(mpg) into the Caymans engine instead of performance. Leaving the 911 with the real gains in performance. Though, i've considered buying a Cayman in a few months and just (over the years) upgrade/mod it for more performance!

Though, I'd just assume wait for the DFi engine where I think PAG will add about 25 more HP and Torque! (ie: 320hp/276ft-lb tq). And hoping they will refine the stereo and offer more standard features!

-Garrett
Appreciate 0