View Single Post
      07-12-2018, 01:55 PM   #9
Germanauto
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alfa Romeo Giulia, Rosso

The Dream Cruise doesn't go past 8 mile, meaning it does not go into Detroit itself. 9 mile @ Ferndale is "Mustang alley" where Ford puts on a gigantic display. The heart of the show is between 13 - 15 mile rd (Beaumont Hospital - downtown Birmingham).

Speaking of which, downtown Birmingham is THE spot for high end dining in metro Detroit. It's a walkable little area with lots of boutique restaurants and stores, parks, etc. Lots of nice cars there all the time. It's where metro Detroit's wealthy hang out.

Depending on the crowd you are looking for, downtown Royal Oak (11 mile and Woodward) is where most of the night life scene is at. Overwhelmingly recent college grads. If you want to hang out with the hipsters then go to Ferndale.

Greektown is the other major "night life" area and it's just to the side of downtown Detroit. It's not as good in my opinion.

Downtown Detroit itself has some nice roof top places. If you are looking for a rooftop club specifically I can tell you the name. There are nice restaurants and other things that have opened up but I can't speak more to them as I have not checked them out.

If you're into shopping, the Somerset Collection on Big Beaver Rd. is one of the nicest malls around.

Last edited by Germanauto; 07-12-2018 at 02:01 PM..
Appreciate 1
Wolf 3352340.50