PrimeBMW
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E46 M3+S62, E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Lipowich
Beautiful work.
I'm running into many of the same issues on an E36 with same engine, less budget.

Did you do the headers yourselves? How did you determine they are really equal length? They appear to be much closer aligned with say Supersprint M5 headers than truly equal length Dinan type or Evolve early versions that really nail the length.

I went overboard, bought a custom kit from Icengineworks with two sizes even to make a set of stepped equal length headers. But, alas, will go a separate way. Cool kit though.

Your car is going to be a monster, just sucks these don't spin, and torque falls off so quickly vs BMW engines with real lifters and cams.
We did build the headers ourselves. There are programs that help determine length, etc. Obviously we are dealing with a constrained space. Plus we wanted serviceability. All that said all lengths are considered equal. There is another guy on the east coast that is running X5 headers that are not equal length. Last I heard he was at ~380 rwhp. We are hoping our design will allow a significant improvement. Stands to reason our custom design will.
Appreciate 0