ChrisK
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '19 M2C

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by supertonio View Post
Hi all. I just got my first E90 M3. Been looking for the right one for about a year now and moved on an '09 E90 DCT, Jet Black. Absolutely love it, one of the best engines I've ever driven.

But! And this is probably just me getting used to the DCT, I've been noticing the car is really clunky and surges when it downshifts into 2nd. For example when I'm rolling into a stop from 3rd and the car automatically shifts down, the car lurches forward and it's a really harsh shift. Same thing happens if I shift it myself. Doesn't matter what the speed of the engine is, always happens.

Is this normal? I've done quite a few searching and it looks like maybe a software update could resolve, so I have an apt with dealer next week to look into that, but before I take it to them I was wondering if maybe this is normal and I'm just either not used to it, or not driving the car right.

Also notice when I start the car and move from N into gear it really clunks to get into gear. Is that also no big deal?

Appreciate the help! Excited to finally have my E90.
There have been numerous software updates that have made DCT almost perfect. I would take your car to the dealer and find out what software you are running.

I do believe some vendors on here can take your vin and give you similar info.