View Single Post
      12-06-2021, 08:39 AM   #35
DETRoadster
Space Force - 4 Star General
Rep
Drives: M2 MG 6MT / Moto Guzzi V7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murf993 View Post
I was going to say who in their right mind would let an insurance company or anyone else for that matter tap into your car computer, but then I caught myself and I can honestly say there are lots of people who would not only sign up for it but also want it mandated for all cars. I think we know the group of folks who roll that way, same ones that sit in the left lane doing the speed limit, because it't the speed limit.
You perfectly described my Prius driving step dad. I wont ride in the car if he's driving because I'm convinced someone is going to shoot him or run him off the road one day. That's not an internet exaggeration. I've had many conversation with him and my mom about it. He's extraordinarily unsafe on the road because he tries to enforce traffic rules as he sees them. Once, on a winding 2-lane mountain road, he took it upon himself to ensure everyone lined up behind him achieved maximum MPGs by "hyper-miling" his Prius which i can only imagine translates into driving as slow and humanly possible while the people stuck behind you go out of their f'ing minds and contemplate passing on blind corners.

Yeah, my stepdad would 10,000% approve of this legislation and probably think "It's a start but doesnt go far enough."
Appreciate 1
Murf99314114.00