View Single Post
      12-10-2016, 05:23 PM   #70
kamber
E90
Rep
Drives: '08 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pig Farmer View Post
One of the best mods for a manual BMW. I suggest you select the middle firmness location on the UCP. The clutch will engage almost immediately once it is released from the floor. It may take a few days to get use to it, but you'll love it in the end.

Here's a link where I share comments and pictures on 1addicts...

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showt...&highlight=UPC

BTW, if you plan on installing yourself, lay a heavy blanket across the floor board, and do some core stretches before you start. Your ribs will thank you.
Glad you're enjoying it man! I opted for it as I wanted to go with a more "proper" method of changing the clutch engagement height, since there are drawbacks to using a clutchstop even though the cost is significantly more attractive than a UCP.

My goal for this car is to do everything I possibly can myself since I've never worked on my own vehicles before and find it super satisfying to be able to learn and do all the work myself. So asides from a corner balance and alignment, I'm going to attempt to be the exclusive installer of any mods. I have a roll-up outdoor sleeping pad that I'll try to lay across the floor board, thanks for the tip!

Last edited by kamber; 12-10-2016 at 05:35 PM..
Appreciate 0