07-02-2019, 10:46 PM   #16
yidgyi
///M
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by _BSMM5 View Post
Wow thank you for the extremely detailed write up.. this is exactly what I was looking for. A good review of the Tacoma by someone who also knows the M3. Thank you for taking the time.

Gas mileage will be better than my M5 I guarantee it, if I drove hard that thing would use a half tank in under an hour I swear.

I've also added a 2015 F80 into the mix... it makes things tougher. That was pretty much my dream car for the last 3 years (I settled on the M5 because the 2013 depreciated so much).

I think I'm going to go with the (M3 E90/F80) and when the time comes to move in a year I will feel it out and sell if I absolutely feel like I need the truck in Denver. I'm going to fight the mod bug except for wheels/tires. Tires most importantly.
For the price of a used f80 M3, you could probably get a used Tacoma, and M3 lol. I haven't checked the f80 market recently but aren't they going for $50k used? A decent e9x M3 is like $25k, and the tacoma too.

Actually, I just read you have a single turbo e36. Why not get a Tacoma daily if you need a truck next year and use the e36 as a fun car which could potentially act as double duty some times? Unless its a fully on track car. Currently building my e36 as a double duty car in case I get bored dailying the Tacoma