06-26-2019, 12:28 AM   #25
BayAreaBimmers
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: G05 40Msport, F33 440, E39 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rush1 View Post
Any recommendations on a good wind deflector brand or model? Would you have a picture of yours with one attached? I've been thinking of getting one...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb2wji View Post
In the warmer weather it's windows down, no air deflector thingy. When it gets cool, the windows go up with no wind deflector thingy. When it gets cold, the windows go up and the wind deflector thingy gets put in.

When my wife is with me, the wind deflector is in regardless of temp - long hair.

Side note for all the convertible owners - with that wind deflector gizmo in place and the windows up, there is almost no turbulence. I can (hypothetically - I haven't tried this obviously) drive 90mph and carry on a normal volume conversation. It's great in the cold weather.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rush1 View Post
Any recommendations on a good wind deflector brand or model? Would you have a picture of yours with one attached? I've been thinking of getting one...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb2wji View Post
In the warmer weather it's windows down, no air deflector thingy. When it gets cool, the windows go up with no wind deflector thingy. When it gets cold, the windows go up and the wind deflector thingy gets put in.

When my wife is with me, the wind deflector is in regardless of temp - long hair.

Side note for all the convertible owners - with that wind deflector gizmo in place and the windows up, there is almost no turbulence. I can (hypothetically - I haven't tried this obviously) drive 90mph and carry on a normal volume conversation. It's great in the cold weather.
Mine came with the car, sorry, I'm not sure if 1's or 2's have them, but it's behind my back seat. I have done 90's with the windows and wind deflector up (did have the air scarf on as it was a little chilly, though likely not from outright speed) — it was just fine to have a conversation. All she wanted to seem to say to me was "go faster!"

M4 (sold)
335is (sold)
Appreciate 3
..Rush..973.50
wrickem2101.00
King Rudi13154.00