View Single Post
      11-02-2015, 05:47 PM   #61
redpriest
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3/Porsche 992 GT3RS

Garage List
Was a fun track weekend. Came here with a new set of mods: Ground Control camber plates, Macht Schnell Underive pulley, and a fresh set of RE-71R tires. Also had this alignment dialed in before I went:

Hadn't done Streets of Willow before so it was exciting to try a new track configuration. Had a couple scary off-road experiences though on the first day that kind of shook me a bit so I tried to take it a little more conservatively the next day. It also had the side effect of slightly unbalancing my tires :/ These APEX EC-7 rims are champions though. I took some hard hits on these tires and they haven't cracked nor do they have perceptible bends. I need to get a second set so I can have some ready spares.

Also seem to still be chewing through my tires. Going to have to have these remounted on the opposite side (so the driver side inner tire becomes the passenger side outer tire) and vice versa. Tires are directional, so can't rotate them from one side to the other, and Willow Springs is pretty brutal.

Took it easy during the last half of Sunday because I didn't want to drive home on corded tires. I skipped a session to see if I could get my tires rebalanced/remounted but they were too packed to take me.
instagram.com/titomanlio
Appreciate 0