View Single Post
      12-11-2019, 10:57 AM   #14
slicer
Major General
Rep
Drives: 'E46 M3 Race Car, '23 X7

Guys, using wheel hangers with electrical tape will do absolutely nothing to help center a hub-centric spacer or prevent wheel vibration. The hub is what is centering the spacer - the lugs are just there to sandwich the wheel in place. The spacer doesn't need to be centered on the lug opening.

Keys to install:
1 - Make sure your hub and hub face (or rotor hat face) are free of any debris or corrosion. Even a small amount of anti-sieze on the HUB FACE (AKA rotor hat) can cause the spacer to not sit flat. Even a rusty hub protrusion can prevent the spacer from sitting flat. I can't tell you how many times I see rusty hubs that I need to pry spacers off. Clean your hubs folks. A little anti-sieze on the hub protrusion is good but use it sparingly and make sure it doesn't get onto the HUB FACE.

2 - Install lugs while the car is in the air - without any weight the wheel. It helps to have an impact driver as the front wheel will spin. I use an impact to tighten. Then lower to the point that the front wheel is barely touching the ground (so it doesn't rotate) and torque to spec. Rear wheel can be torqued while in the air.
'04 M3 - Fall Line Motorsports Built Race Car - S65 swap, Dry Sump, Bosch Stand-Alone ECU, Drenth Sequential Trans, MCS 3-Way, Flossmann Wide Body, Brembo Motorsports Brakes, Drexler LSD, BBS E88 Etc.
INSTAGRAM - @Slicer_M

Last edited by slicer; 12-11-2019 at 11:16 AM..
Appreciate 2
Ajolives922.00