View Single Post
      12-08-2019, 02:58 PM   #10784
gmx
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: VO 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhyary View Post
I have lap times to correlate to my statements.
But, non of it is scientific so take it as observation.

For example, with the RR 235, I was easily doing multiple 1:37 on multiple sessions through out the day throughout the season.

On the ADOR8, while my fastest time is 1:37.2, most of the laps were 1:38-39 and only few sessions in the fall when it was cooler.
Because AD08R is still a road tyre and only good for 1 hotlap, maybe 2 if the suspension is setup correctly. All the WTAC teams run this as a control tyre and throw them out after 1HC or only keep scrubs to dial in setup. They lose peak grip but are consistent either down to cords or until HC out unlike Hankook RS4 which gradually lose grip each HC.
My 295s HC'd out (heaps of roll racing). My 285s did 1 wet session at WTAC :winning.
I really don't understand why people try do "endurance" sessions on AD08Rs/RS4 and even RE71R. Good way to kill them and not get much out of them as a result.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhyary View Post
With PS4S 275/30/19 front I did 1:38 on semi wet track. So it is fantastic tire, but not compares to RR and R7 in the dry
Yes, people run these before the cross-over to dry tyre. It has a soft sidewall so your temperature spread between inner, centre, outer will be different compared to the others.

You're not getting the most out of RR/R7 if your time is the same as AD08R. Yoko's next step, the A050 is at least 0.7sec quicker than fresh AD08R. RR/R7 are another big step above that man.

See video of my scrubbed AD08Rs: There is an obvious behaviour change on the second lap.

Use a probe, start noting down surface temps and other track conditions, tyre temps, laps etc. You collect data for other aspects of your own driving, right? May as well grab this stuff otherwise it's pew pew in the dark or purely based off feel.
Appreciate 0