01-23-2007, 11:43 AM   #22
Norsk
Major
Norway
Rep
Drives: F10 535i

Quote:
Originally Posted by coaster View Post
That's easy. Lexus is looking for those who want to step-up from the G35, the IS350, the BMW 335i, and the Audi S4 and who have about $50K to spend. The next step above this in price is closer to $70K with the E92-M3, RS4, C63AMG, and so on ....
Dear coaster,

But of course; the BMW 335i and Audi S4 are very good looking cars with very good perfomance numbers for their category; the G35 and IS350 are nice looking cars with nice performance. I think that a lot of people wanting a little more performance will save the money and get a XEDE for their 335i + other sweet mods and upgrade available to their precise taste.

Quote:
There isn't much available in sport-lux at the $50K mark and there will not be anything for at least the next 2-3 years. Lexus may just be trying to create a new segment right inbetween the $35-$40K cars and the $65-$70K cars. I am sure there will be takers despite the looks of this car.
Their will always be takers; remember the Pontiac Aztec? There will also be tacky people; but thanks god the modern consumer is little less prone to buying crap quality and crap looks in the name of performance. I think GM is strating to understand ... look at the new CTS, they've finally made a nice looking car (inside looks decent as well - let's wait for quality and real performance). OMG, did I just catch myself saying that? someone wash my mouth, quick quick

It was a nice attempt by Lexus and as I always say, "I support Competition", as it results in better producs and better value for the consumer. But actually having this "F" product out there also re-enforces the choice that we may make in Buying the New E92 M3 (God the Spyshot look hot ), RS4 (love the damn thing - sweet ride), C63AMG (the new C-Klass AMG looks good, just the interior is a bit ). I want all three in my stable... the IS-F can stay in the Pig Pen .

Let me say it again, the only place this car is creating a new segment is "right in between" two ass cheeks.

Quote:
Oh, and the Nissan Skyline GTR belongs in a whole different segment. That's a real sports car with balls-to-the-wall performance and no lux goodies at all.
Yeah, we knew that ... the comment was about them copying the side vent of the new upcoming Nissan Skyline GTR; which by the way the previous gen also looked liked a soupped up soapbox (like the 80' & 90's Mustang).
Appreciate 0