01-13-2009, 08:27 AM   #4
Technic
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2021 i3S, 2024 i4 M50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
Heya,

i m considering about a little upgrade for my soundsystem.

i ve bought my M3 with the Individual(some call it "Premium")-System. I m not truely happy with the subs (not enaugh shaking my stomach) and therefor i m going to upgrade the subs beneath the frontseats to SWS8 Earthshakers with a matching amp in the trunk.

i would like to know your opinion.
As far as i know some boardmembers allready upgraded this and i d especially like to adress them: "how" hugh is this difference between individual "stock" and the SWS8?

Might i need to add another passiv sub in the trunk to get a really noticeable upgrade or will these SWS8 make the difference like day and night?
So far, a sub in the trunk and a swap of the OEM woofers with SWS-8 or the Audio System AX 08 BMW 20cm Subwoofer (in Europe) is the best way to get both a stronger and better sub and mid bass in our cars.

There are ways to install bigger subs under the seats, which I'm currently looking at. I tried the trunk sub thing and I'm really don't like to compromise the trunk space, and the central location for woofers in the E9x is perfect for some custom job and still be effective and stealth.
Appreciate 0