11-27-2009, 12:09 AM   #22
Jonmartin
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by elp_jc View Post
M3s don't have it, and I don't feel one either. Somebody posted a pic of the 'valve'; it's completely hollowed on the M3. Remember these cars are based on the 3 series, so BMW probably left the valve housing to avoid fabricating a dedicated M3 clutch line (understandable).

Speaking for myself, I have zero complaints with the clutch on this car; it's really great the way it is IMO. The grinding was my stupidity, not anything wrong with the tranny or clutch.

By the way, removing the spring on '08 cars (they only have one) reportedly creates problems with the cruise as the cruise deactivate switch is all the way to the top of the clutch pedal travel, and removing the spring causes the pedal to drop enough as not to allow cruise to engage, or disengages at the least provocation. Folks doing that mod should test their cruise. Owners of '09 cars can always install the '08 spring for better feel. The '08 clutch spring seems like the best compromise. Besides the cruise issue, folks who drive in heavy traffic might not appreciate a heavy clutch over the long run. A matter of personal preference.
Ok then I guess its all in my head and everyone elses thats done it , We don't actually feel the difference its all a hoax just to say we modded something ....
Appreciate 0