01-13-2011, 01:06 PM   #17
Edward
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013.9999 E92 Jerez ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by techlogik View Post
The engines are designed to only last 1 race. They are completed rebuilt afterwards.

As one engine builder put it: "The perfect engine runs flawlessly at it's designed maximum performance the entire race, than right when it crosses the finish line, it implodes."
LOL???

In 2010, there were 19 races, 19 qualifying days, and 38 practice days. Each team cannot use more than eight engines per season without penalties. I don't know what more to say here.

And did anyone in this thread even watch the 2010 season? It was the closest championship points race in the sport's history. At many points in the season there were four former world champs gunning for another title (Schumacher, Alonso, Button, Hamilton) on top of two of the top contenders, Webber and Vettel. Even the last race could have resulted in any of four of the top placers winning the season.
Though decades ago, balls to the wall driving was more fun to watch, the fact that pit strategy plays into results more these days shouldn't take away from F1 being a competitive sport. The only thing I wish for is a smaller divide between the tier one and tier two teams. I'd love to see HRT or Torro Rosso come up and challenge the big guys like Ferrari, McLaren, Renault, Red Bull.
Appreciate 0