Hawkeye
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4 Coupe, '21 X3, '16 GMC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorRoadRage View Post
Thanks! The 2 Four Roses and the Eagle Rare are my favorites of the bunch. Haven’t opened the Blanton’s yet. Elijah Craig and Woodford are close behind. All 5 have similar fruit notes and are full bodied with nice bitey finishes. Eagle Rare is impossibly smooth.

Pass on Jefferson’s - too much spice
Pass on True Blue - too much maple syrup and chocolate
JD SB BP can almost be lit on fire but is extremely complex - chocolate, tobacco, vanilla, light fruits
Dalmore is a middle of the road, very smooth scotch, not enough bite for my taste

Not pictured is the Old Ezra 7 I picked up which is a solid, spicy barrel strength whiskey with hints of vanilla and the other handful of bottles I killed a few months back.
I agree on the Jeffersons and the Old Ezra. I have just not found a Jeffersons that I actually enjoy and all of the OE7 I have had are pretty solid.

If you can find a JD SB Store Pick, those are usually another step above the non store pick versions.

The ER, EC, FR and WR are all pretty similar in my opinion. Nothing super stand out and just good everyday pours.

One of my favorite budget pours right now is actually Early Times BiB.

Based on what you like I think you would enjoy Makers Marks Cask Strength, Stagg Jr, Wild Turkey Rare Breed and just about any of the Elijah Craig Barrel Proof offerings (if you can find C919 that one is standout but they are all good).
2021 BMW x30i • Phytonic Blue Metallic • Fully loaded
Appreciate 0