03-02-2016, 04:49 PM   #38
Edward
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013.9999 E92 Jerez ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by cenix View Post
I've heard a lot of guys saying their M Performance Exhausts droned. In a higher gear cruise there is a tickle of drone at around 2k RPM, but that is only at a certain speed/load. Otherwise, I think the exhaust is really a great sounding exhaust with around 20 lbs. saved over the stock one, too. That's not minimal. The connecting pipes are super light.

The look of the exhaust canister from behind? That's subjective. I wasn't a fan at first, but now I don't notice it much anymore.
The connecting pipes are exactly the same as the stock ones and are made of steel which is why they decouple from the Inconel can. You're not supposed to weld steel with the grade of Inconel they use.

I agree that the can isn't the worst looking. It's not smooth and does hang lower than the stock one but I didn't ever mind it much. 80 mph is a very normal cruise speed for me on open freeways and I didn't like to run higher rpm in 6th gear so I got very annoyed at the drone. I couldn't reliably hold a phone call on the freeway. Even in my normal 0-35 mph speed driving, every time I would pass that rpm range I would hear that tone and it would just give me a headache. Hey, if I couldn't have Akra, the only other setups I would consider are MPE gen 2, oem, and Dinan.
Appreciate 0