02-28-2016, 01:31 AM   #34
Bimmer22
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincE92M3 View Post
Coming from OEM 2-pipe perforated to MPE recently, you do notice that the dynamic of sound and the range is entirely different between the two exhausts.

With the OEM mod, there was a low bass accelerating at all speeds whether it was slow or fast. When cruising at 80mph on the highway I wouldn't say there was a noticeable drone (or unbearable), but it was certainly louder than the MPE at the same speed cruising- especially with added throttle under load (the bass). I guess you tend to forget how quiet the stock exhaust is over time.

The MPE doesn't have the low-bass rumble of the OEM mod and is almost as quiet as stock as you're driving slower speeds or cruising. I would say that while the OEM mod was loud at all times (this is relative), the dynamic range of the MPE changed depending on the throttle. The sound is unique in how it disperses the sound being a straight-through muffler design through Inconel, so what you get is this really hollow howl that is music to your ears.

The differences between the two exhausts can't really be heard through a video and you must drive around with both to really distinguish their characteristics. It's almost like the OEM mod only has one sound profile, while the MPE has two.

Just my observations so far...
Having also owned both, I concur.
Appreciate 1