View Single Post
      08-29-2008, 03:35 PM   #12
bruce.augenstein@comcast.
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2017 C63

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp2 View Post
I know the time is the point here and it is impressive. However, the sound, vibration and loosey-goosey shifter are simply a riot. Dodge quality FTW.
Swamp, this is a race car that you can license for everyday street use, if you are hard core and also addicted to punishment. NVH control is not part of the program.

Quality? For its intended purpose I'd bet that the car is actually overbuilt. As you know, traditions are hard to kill, and I can tell you that Dodge has one going back about 50 years in the narrow venue of very high performance machinery. That tradition can be described as one of providing high performance cars that run harder than you'd expect from the published specs, and run reliably while doing so. The American Club Racing nomenclature is a relative newcomer on the scene, but it continues that tradition.

Bruce

PS - Ever hear the Beach Boys' "Shutdown"? That was a really good car song, in my opinion, but the problem with it is that there is no way a 413 is going to lose to an injected Vette of the period. No way at all. Those cars ran hard, and were very heavy duty, front to back. With the pushbutton Torqueflite transmission, they were referred to as "dial-a-win".

Just one of many examples, including my old Neon ACR.
Appreciate 0